A paint permit is required for all outside painting affecting the exterior (whether visible from the street or not) of any all single family homes and duplexes. Please review application and fill in all pertinent areas.
- Choose appropriate colors from approved color palette available on City website or at City Hall.
- Number color selection. For example: 1, 2, 3
- Complete color selection chart with numbered color selections corresponding to appropriate area of House. For Example: Walls = 1, Fascia = 2, Drip Cap/Edge = 2, Doors and Jambs = 3.
- Attach numbered color sample to application.
- Return to building department and submit to permit clerk for department review. Permit should be issued within a few days.
- Approved copy will be mailed.
- Place approved application copy in front window during painting.
- Complete painting within 60 days. Additional 30 days extension will be granted when requested via email or phone call.
- Existing colors being left on the building must be noted on the application in the appropriate building description area.
- Call when painting is completed for final inspection.
Please Note: Multi-family and commercial paint permits require approval by the Planning Department. Please call 954-730-3050 for more information.